Exsoycise is now Awakened Nutrition & Training, a blog for health seekers, food lovers and dream body builders!
Here are my top 6 Sexy Clean Eating tips!
1. Eat as many whole unprocessed foods as you can throughout the day. Try eating foods in their natural state rather than out of a box or bag. This usually takes planning and preparation ahead of time unless you have a fortune to spend on eating out at healthy restaurants, which I don't know about where you live but there aren't many true health restaurant options around. So take some time each week to cook your meals. But remember even though your are eating healthy clean food, you can still overeat which can lead to weight gain or halt your fat loss goals, so be realistic and keep an eye on portion sizes.
2. Beware of "healthy" food that may cause you to pack on pounds. Meal replacement protein shakes and bars are a good example of this and can be beneficial in ones diet depending on what your goals are. These can be great after an intense workout like a heavy weight lifting day or after a race, but otherwise you probably don't need a fast digesting protein, sugar and sodium-filled "meal" especially if you are just hanging around the house or working in an office. The powders that are used in these products are digested very quick in the body in order to help repair the muscle that you have just broken down during your workout, so if you eat them as meal replacement, you may soon find yourself hungry again and searching for more food. I realize that sometimes life gets in the way and these may be the only option but if you do have the time, try your best to eat whole foods with less sodium and sugar that will stick with you for a few hours.
3. Drink your water! Just to name a few benefits, water aids in the metallization of fat, helps to remove toxins, and it also helps to flush the water out from under our skin which makes us look bloated or puffy. So just except the fact that you will be running to the bathroom more than usual and think about the amazing benefits you will receive in the long run!
4. Take inventory of what you are eating. Like I said before it is still possible to eat healthy clean food and still gain weight. So it is important to eat enough protein, complex carbs and healthy fat to fuel your body throughout the day especially if you are exercising regularly. I recommend measuring and logging your food in an app such as MyFitnessPal or Lost It for a couple days to see how much food you are actually consuming. You will be surprised to find out that your may either be eating too much or at times too little food for your body and goals. If needed, seek guidance to find someone to help you get an idea of the macronutrients your body needs to fit your specific goals. Remember to use this as a guide, all of our bodies are different so if you feel like certain foods or amounts aren't working for you, then seek other options.
5. Don't let friend, holidays or other events determine your success! There is never a right time to start with a clean eating healthy lifestyle, there will always be friends, events and holidays that get in the way but you have to put yourself first and take care of YOU! Don’t wait to start because there will never be a right time!
"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." - Jim Rohn
6. Clean eating is not about being perfect. It’s about eating healthy unprocessed whole food most of the time, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun and still enjoy your favorite foods that you have always loved in moderation!
“You cannot change your destination overnight. You can change your direction." - Jim Rohn ”
For more clean eating tips sign up here for my FREE 7 day meal plan with tips, guide & shopping list!