Mmm tastes like summer!
Here in NYC we've finally started having a glimpse of summer weather and it's been amazing! I'm from Florida so of course I love warm weather...but I'm also part snow bunny and get giddy any time I hear of snow fall. But I have to say the last two winters here have really made me long for warmer weather a lot sooner than I normally have in the past.
So with just a few weeks left of spring I'm already dreaming of my two summer vacations that Chris and I are taking in July. First, we are heading back home to Florida to celebrate the 4th of July and my birthday with my family. Then then in late July we are going to Lake Tahoe on the Nevada side for a friends wedding. I'm just imagining us laying on the beach drinking refreshing summer cocktails and getting a nice golden brown tan. Sounds dreamy, right?
Well I don't see why we have to wait for summer to have refreshing cocktails. Let's get this party started right now!
I have a seriously delicious refreshing cranberry chia fresca recipe to share with you that is loaded with amazing detoxing health benefits.
DRINK UP THE GOODNESS
- Chia seeds also pack a big punch with their high levels of Omega fatty acids , fiber, calcium, antioxidants and protein. It also contains the amino acid tryptophan which the body uses to produce the feelgood hormone serotonin.
- Cranberry is an amazing little fruit that is loaded phytonutrients such as Phenolic Acids, Proanthocyanidins, Anthocyanins, Flavonoids, and Triterpenoids which are known for their antioxidant, cancer fighting and anti-inflammatory properties. They also assist with UTI prevention, improves digestion and supports the immune system.
- Coconut wateris great for summer as it has a high amount of hydrating electrolytes. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, it helps balance blood glucose and insulin levels, it boosts the immune system, and as an added bonus it helps with elasticity in the skin which reduces age spots and wrinkles. Cheers to that!
These three detox ingredients help provide our bodies with protein, amino acids, essential vitamins, minerals, helps us to stay hydrated and keeps our digestion running smoothly. All of these things are essential for our body to eliminate toxins properly.
Cranberry Chia Fresca
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup coconut water or plain filtered water
- ½ cup pure cranberry concentrate
- Juice of a half a lemon and/or lime
1. Add chia seeds to the coconut water and cranberry juice and stir until combined. The chia seeds will begin to swell up. Aim to stir well into an even, gel-like consistency or drink it before the gel forms. (Use a lid with a jar for an easy way to shake up any clumps that fall to the bottom!)
2. Drink immediately if desired, or set aside for up to 10 minutes to let it gel.
3. Add lemon and/or lime and stir well again.
4. Drink and enjoy!
What's your favorite summertime cocktail to enjoy beach side?
P.S. Wanna sneak peek into one of my 10-Day Detox programs that uses the elimination diet? Sign up to get my FREE 3-Day Detox and jump-start your weight loss now!