I absolutely love a good smoothie for breakfast because they pack a big nutritional punch, they keep you feeling full until your next meal, they don't take up much time to prepare and can easily be consumed anywhere which make them the perfect on-the-go food! You can even prepare most of your smoothie ingredients a week in advance by washing and trimming your fruit, then placing fruit smoothie portions into individual jars to freeze. Each morning you can throw them into the blender and go.
So what makes a smoothie good for you?
Because smoothies are:
- full of amazing vitamins, enzymes and minerals
- easy to digest, which mean optimal assimilation of your nutrients
- great for stabilizing blood sugar, both healthy fats and protein are key for blood sugar stabilization
- a great way to consume a variety of different fruits or vegetables at one time
- terrific for cleansing the body of toxicity
- an easy way to add more fiber to your diet for optimal bowel function
Berry Delicious Breakfast Smoothie
- 8oz almond or coconut milk
- 1 scoop protein powder - I recommend either vegan Sunwarrior brand or 2 Tbsps grassfed Great Lakes Collagen
- A handful of organic raw spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen organic strawberries
- 1/4 slice of avocado
- 2 tsp Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- Organic stevia and cinnamon to taste
SF Gate - http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/fats-proteins-affect-blood-sugar-levels-11172.html
Disclaimer: We earn a small commission if you use the highlighted links to purchase the products mentioned in this post. We recommend only products that we would use in our own home or that we would recommend for our clients. Your purchases help to support our blogging activities such as creating yummy recipes to share with you and also helps us to bring even more helpful nutrition and training information to you on a weekly basis. Thank you for your continued support and for helping us continue what we LOVE to do!