Last week, I shared my green bean, red onion and pecan side dish recipe which is one of favorite holiday dishes! Today, I want to share my oven roasted cranberry, apple, and brussel sprout side dish recipe, another favorite recipe that is sure to be a hit this holiday season!
I'm sure you are thinking how tasty Brussel sprouts are but there is SO much more to them than taste! Brussel sprouts give your overall health a BIG boost, just one half cup serving of Brussels sprouts supplies us with 20 essential vitamins, including the powerful antioxidant vitamin C, numerous B vitamins, vitamin A, zinc, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and manganese. They also contain antioxidants such a glucosinolates and isothiocyanates which help protect you from free radicals which can cause cellular damage and disease in the body. They are also high in fiber which help to keep you full after a meal and also helps to keep your digestion moving along.
Oven Roasted Cranberry Apple Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pint Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut lengthwise
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and cut into eighths
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts, cranberries, sliced apple, and 1 tbsp olive oil together.
3. Brush glass baking dish with 1 tbsp olive oil. Spread mixture evenly into dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Roast uncovered for 30 minutes.
5. Serve hot and enjoy!