There are so many amazing health benefits of adding apple cider vinegar (ACV) into your daily routine but it can hard to drink for many people, me included.
I wish I could say that I was a health goddess/badass and could just drink apple cider vinegar straight but I would be lying. It makes me gag like you wouldn't believe! I know people do it, but I just CAN'T! And from the many messages I get from ladies on my Instagram, a lot of you can't stand the taste either. I'm glad I am not alone in this!
But this doesn't stop me from drinking it and getting all the amazing digestive benefits that ACV has to offer. I have learned how to sneak it into my diet so I hardly even notice the taste!
First, What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple Cider Vinegar is made from fermented apples and is full of probiotics, the beneficial bacteria we need in our gut, and enzymes, which help out our digestion by breaking down the food we eat.
It should be organic, raw, unfiltered and have the "mother" present, a colony of beneficial bacteria which is a cloudy dark stringy substance that you will usually find at the very bottom of the glass jar.
So, what are the benefits of drink apple cider vinegar?
- Decrease belly bloat by boosting digestion
- Supports gut health with probiotics
- Helps stimulate digestion with enzymes needed to break down food
- Reduces high blood sugar
- Stop cravings in their tracks
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Helps with weight loss by increasing satiety and decreasing calorie consumption (to get the most benefit of this you need to be taking 2 Tbsps a day)
- Lowers bad LDL cholesterol and increases the good HDL cholesterol
- Calms acid reflux
- Sooths heartburn
- Replenishes low stomach acid
- Helps sooth a sore throat
- As well as many other natural remedies for things such as acne, dandruff, healthy skin and hair, etc.
How to drink apple cider vinegar without gagging:
I have 4 ways that I like to drink my ACV so I it doesn't taste as harsh but I still get all the benefits.
- The main way and the easiest way I drink my Apple Cider Vinegar is I sneak it into all of my protein smoothies! I usually make a berry banana smoothie with a scoop of chocolate Vega & Greens protein, banana, frozen strawberries and blueberries, nut butter, stevia, cacao nibs and then my splash of apple cider vinegar! It helps to balance out the sweetness and the banana taste plus helps get the digestive enzymes flowing. So it's a win win!
- First thing in the morning in warm lemon water and a dash of stevia. It still has a little tang taste to it but the stevia helps to cut it down and make it more bearable. We do this daily in the Beat Belly Bloat program and it does AMAZING things for the digestive system early in the morning and can also help you cut down on coffee needed. 🍋 The recipe is below!
- Add it to my salad dressing. Ok so technically this isn't "drinking" ACV but this is a great way to get it into your diet in a way that tastes super delicious! I love to mix 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil with 2 Tbsps of apple cider vinegar + herbs, salt and pepper and toss it on a grilled chicken salad. SO freaking good!
- Drink it in my green tea flat belly tea recipe. Now don't let this cute catchy name make you think this flat belly tea recipe is a quick fix for weight loss because that requires all healthy living components: healthy meals, habits and exercise (weight lifting + cardio), but it CAN be a great aid in beating belly bloat, helping your digestion and boosting your weight loss abilities.
So there you have it! Drinking apple cider vinegar can actually taste good!
How do you like to drink your apple cider vinegar? I’d love to hear more ideas!!