Today Whole Foods Market sent me a basket of goodies to enjoy and to help spread the word of their Whole Trade Guarantee products in honor of October Whole Trade Guarantee month! Whole Trade is a great program that supports fair treatment and pay for workers and donates 1% of the proceeds to the Whole Planet Foundation. Read below to learn more about the many great ways Whole Foods is giving back! To celebrate Whole Trade Guarantee month I want to give YOU a $50 Whole Foods gift certificate to buy your own Whole Trade products!
How to Enter the Giveaway!
All you have to do is leave me a comment below telling me what products you would buy with your Whole Foods gift certificate and tweet the wording below! If you are not on twitter then post to facebook but be sure to tag my page!
Tweet.... "Head over to @ExSoyCise to win a $50 @WholeFoods gift certificate to buy Whole Trade products to support @WholePlanet http://exsoycise.com"
I will choose the winner at random on Saturday!
xoxo - Amber
Here are a list of the goodies from my Whole Foods basket!
- Whole Trade bananas
- Allegro Fine Tea - Organic Estate Ceylon
- Organic Tanzania School House dark chocolate
- EARTH University Costa Rican Whole Bean Coffee
- Allegro Drinking Chocolate Indian Spice 54
- Popcorn Indiana Kettle Corn
- Bottled 365 Everyday Value Organic Mint Green Tea
- Love Crunch Gingerbread Granola
Did you know that by making one simple purchase, you can improve someone’s life?
Buying Whole Trade® products ensures fair treatment and equitable pay for workers, more money for hardworking producers through social premiums and sound environmental practices in the developing countries where the products are grown. And if that’s not enough, 1% of product sales are donated to the Whole Planet Foundation for poverty alleviation.
Whole Foods Market is celebrating October as Whole Trade Guarantee month – a time to appreciate our shoppers and producers for doing the right thing. Starting Oct. 1, shoppers can go online, sign up for newsletters and then vote for Whole Foods Market to donate $1 (up to $20,000) to one of their key Whole Trade Guarantee producer partners:
- Tanzania School Project - Funds will help support students, teachers, schools and education opportunities in Tanzania.
- The Elite Flower Foundation (Fundación Fernando Borrero Caicedo) - A foundation dedicated to the well being of flower workers and their families in Colombia, focusing on education, housing, recreation, and family development. For a video with more information Elite, click here.
- EARTH University– A Costa Rican agricultural university that cultivates leaders who will contribute to the sustainable development of their home countries and construct a prosperous and just society. For more information on EARTH, watch this video.